Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 24. Monterey

The ride round from Santa Cruz to Monterey was nice. It was reletively flat coming out of Santa Cruz and I was actually able to cycle without the struggle of a hill for quite a while. The weight I'm carrying is such an advantage on the flat, in the same way it is such a disadvantage cycling uphill.



In fact while I think about it, it was probably one of the flatest days of the whole trip, although that is probably more to do with the amount of hills I've come over rather than the amount of flat there was. There were obviously hills but not with the sheer regularity I have become used to.

The day was eventful due to one puncture, but other than that ok. Although again gloomy and grey, I didn't get soaked so can't complain. 43.3 miles on the speedo. According to google maps I'm 340 miles from LAX. Getting so close I can almost feel it.

I've got a short day again tomorrow heading down to Big Sur, before a couple of long days to take me down towards Santa Barbara. Just got to try and not get ahead of myself, and take every day as it comes.

1 comment:

  1. Come on James! You can do it mate! Don't think about what is still to come, think about what you've already achieved. LA is peanuts compared to what you've already got accomplished!

    You'll be riding into LAX with a grin on your face in mere days now and you'll have stories to tell for the rest of your life. Go for it!!

    Charlie.

    ReplyDelete