Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 23. Santa Cruz

After another brief stay in another motel just by an American highway I headed on from Half Moon Bay, with Santa Cruz in the sights. Although the sun wasn't shining it was still reletively warm and apart from a tiny smathering of rain a fairly nothing day. Which is good, I'm coming to enjoy the days that don't involve getting soaked or fixing punctures.



There were a few sweeping hills on the way down Highway 1 but that is to be expected. HIghway 1 is now the road I'm going to be on pretty much all the way to LA. Much more boring than having to stop every 10 minutes to check directions but ultimately the most direct route is all I really want. Still the scenery is nice and one minute you are riding on a very tight hard shoulder right by a big cliff and the next moment a sand dune is pertruding on to the road in front of you. There were lots of surfers on the various beaches along the way as well, and by the sounds of some of the people that have served me drinks or lunch, I am most deifinitely in surfer-ville, dude. Narly.

The few days in San Francisco helped refresh my legs, but there is still quite a long way to go before the finish line.. and getting there as quickly as possible is all that I can think of now. 49.11 on the speedo, so a reletively easy day again,.... getting there though.

No comments:

Post a Comment