Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 22. Half Moon Bay

The couple of rest days in San Francisco turned into 3.. not because I wanted to do lots more sightseeing, but because I thought giving the legs an extra days rest might mean I actually make it to Los Angeles sometime in the near future.



Having done the Alcatraz tour (oohhh those hills are steep!) and a little walking tour of downtown San Francisco, I spent the final day doing nothing in order to make sure I was ready to get back on the bike the next day.

I had a little look at the original planned route while I was sitting around yesterday, and had to chuckle that so far I have only actually stayed in 3 or 4 places I said I would. I think mainly because my original route changed on day 2 and became pretty much obselete at that point. But I did look at where I had got to and thought maybe I should try to stick to the route from here?!

So I decided to head down to Half Moon Bay, just down the coast, as it was listed as my next stop on the route past San Francisco. It was an easy ride, and any thoughts I had of possibly heading onto Santa Cruz were swiftly put out of my mind when it started raining as I approached Half Moon Bay. 26.68 miles on the speeedo, A nice easy day on the road, with the usual smattering of hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment