Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 28. Santa Santa Santa

Today was one of the nicest rides of the trip so far. Beautiful blue skies, the sun shining all day and very little wind made for a quite lovely little cycle. The scenery is improving as I go futher down the coast, although I've a feeling that has something to do with the weather as well. There were some nice looking beaches in Oregon and north California, but when it is grey and raining they just don't look that appealing. When the sun is out and you can actually see people enjoying a bit of beach time everything is that little bit better.



I left Lompoc with Santa Barbara on the radar. Knowing it was a fairly short hop in comparison to recent days so it was a day to relax and ride, rather than constantly pushing to make it before nightfall. Quite a few people have told me that Santa Barbara is beautiful, and I have to say they are not wrong. Although a reasonably big town it has a real laid back beach feel to it. As I came along the coast and into town the last 5 or 6  miles were quite lovely. To be fair though I haven't really seen much other than the beach so I have no idea what the actual town looks like!

I think it would be a good place to hang around for a few days, and believe me I haven't found to many of them on this trip! Alas I cannot as my desire to get this ride finished means I will be heading on in the morning with the knowledge that if all goes well, and my legs don't stop working, I should still make LA by Friday.

Tired, drained and generally quite exhausted, but feeling pretty good about what has been and what is to come. 53.7 on the speedo. I did do a little video blog but it is taking forever to upload, so I'll have to add that when I am somewhere with a better internet connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment